You have booked the caravan site, sorted the kennel resort for the dog, but have you had your caravan serviced?
For your safety and the longevity of your caravan we recommend servicing before any long trip and at regular intervals, every 10,000km or every 12 months by a qualified technician. Did you know that some manufacturers will void your warranty if you do not get your caravan serviced at regular intervals?
If you have just purchased a second-hand caravan, it is best to book it in for a service before you leave on your holiday. Carac also performs pre-purchase or pre-sale inspections – giving you or your buyer peace of mind that the caravan is in optimal condition.
At Carac our specialised technician takes a great deal of time and pride in servicing your caravan and will provide you a full report upon completion. If any additional parts are required during the servicing of your caravan we will contact you before carrying out the work to advise of the additional costs and to obtain your approval to perform the additional work.
What is included in a service?
- External light check
- Battery charge output/condition
- Smoke detector operation
- Rangehood fan operation/lights
- Gas bottle condition/date
- Gas leak check – gas bottle and regulator
- Door locks lubricated
- Wheel bearings clean/repack
- Re-torque wheel nuts/studs
- Tyres – tread/condition/inflate
- Fire Extinguisher – charge
- Pin plug condition
- Chassis check
- Check chains
- Check awning operation
- Electric brake operation
- Jockey wheel lubrication
- Hitch security lubrication
- Stabiliser leg lubrication
- Suspension/springs/bush condition
- Breakaway battery check
- Brake adjustment – hand brake adjust
- Bearing type – numbers
- Test and tag 15 amp leads (additional cost)
- Battery load test (additional charge)
- Hot water system service (additional charge)
- Wheel balancing and rotation (additional charge)
- New Tyres (additional charge)