Carac, an iconic and well established caravan and trailer parts and accessories retailer, is seeking to appoint a highly motivated and professional caravan technician to work in our fully equipped workshop.
Having a huge range and fantastic customer service gives Carac our point of difference. The successful applicant will be responsible for servicing caravans and undertake a comprehensive range of installations to caravans. As with our retail store, customer service is the cornerstone of our workshop. You will work with our sales team to ensure our customers get the best possible experience.
This is a very hands on, practical role that requires you to be accountable for each and every job. It would suit someone who is practical, can make decisions on the run and problem solve.
We are an active member of Caravan Industry Victoria and have a fully equipped Service Safe Accredited workshop giving our customers the peace of mind that the work carried out by us is of the highest standard.
Please note: We are looking to find someone senior and with previous experience and a proven track record in our industry.
- Established and reputable family business
- Excellent team environment
- Great job satisfaction
- Caravan/trailer experience essential. Also interested in applicants with an automotive/mechanical background.
- Experienced in service and maintenance of brakes, bearings and chassis
- Mechanical background and a sound understanding of mechanics essential
- Able to diagnose and repair 12 Volt electrical faults and installations
- Customer service skills and excellent customer relations
- Diagnose and repair plumbing faults
- Genuine positive attitude
- Practically minded
- Ability to find solutions quickly
- Organisational skills
- Pride in work
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work independently and use initiative.
- You will be required to work on the sales floor in the retail store when the workshop isn’t fully booked
- Ability to learn new tasks efficiently
- Competent in working with hand tools and power tools
- Ability to weld
- Strong focus on OH&S
- Forklift license desirable
If you think you have what it takes and you are ready for a new and challenging career we would love to hear from you.
Please email your resume, together with a cover letter to:
Should we not contact you within two weeks of receiving your application, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.